About the Cardora Film Festival
Cardora offers filmmakers an extraordinary and unique opportunity for distribution, promotion and revenue generation.
Current Deadlines, Festival Categories & Prizes
|5 December 2014||Christmas & the Holidays||$100|
|31 December 2014||Open Festival||$100|
There is one prize winner in each category which will be announced shortly after the deadline.
All qualifying entries (those which meet the Rules and Terms of Entry) will be notified as soon as they are accepted and invitation is sent to upload video to www.Cardora.co.
The Winner and all Qualifying Entries are eligible for the revenue share and more Awards and Prizes.
Cardora Film Festival Aims
We are looking for charming, intriguing and intelligent stories or some kind of vignette or tableau vivant (about 1-2 mins long) with high production values. Winning and qualifying movies will be added to the catalogue for Cardora Moviecards.
Cardora Moviecards is an online personalized movie-greeting card service offering high quality, charming and beautiful story-driven micro-movies for adults and children.
The Cardora Film Festival is non-exclusive and you can submit films from your back catalogue and which have already been on the web or in other film festivals. You can also submit as many movies as you like for consideration and we will happily accept all and any films that meet the simple requirements of quality in our Rules and Terms of Entry.
Cardora Moviecards can be sent by the filmmakers to promote their work and by Cardora subscribers. If enough subscribers send your movie (as part of a moviecard), you will get a share of the revenue generated from sending the moviecards that include your movie.You can use this money to make more movies!
You can enter any movie that you have ever made! It just needs to be in a format that can be shown on the web and you have to hold all the rights to the picture and sound. You can even re-edit movies in your catalogue to fit the time requirement of Cardora. (Please no ads or commercials.)
Cardora can help you build your audience in preparation for crowdfunding and traditional finance raising and help with packaging by attracting talent. A potentially very large audience could see your work and it could go viral.
We would like moviemakers to pay careful attention to the sound quality of their films as this is necessary for films which are going to reach a wide audience.
We will accept movies from filmmakers anywhere in the world and in any language or no language at all, but for the moment, if there is dialogue in a language other than English, please offer a version that includes sub-titles. Films can be live action or animation or a mixture.
Cardora is non-exclusive so it is OK if your film is on Youtube, Vimeo or any website or has been seen by the public before.
The Cardora Film Festival has four main goals:
1) We want to encourage the making of high quality, intelligent, charming and uplifting movies, starting with micro-movies (around 1 - 2 minutes long).
2) We have developed a viral platform so that your film has the potential to be seen by a much larger number of people than any normal festival.
3) Thanks to the viral platform your film can actually generate a revenue stream for you, and
4) Help you build a fanbase for your work which will help you with crowdfunding and finding backers and talent for larger films.
Awards and Prizes
- Moviemakers whose works Qualify for the Cardora Film Festival will:
- be put on www.cardora.co right away and can begin being eligible for the moviemakers’ revenue share (according to the formula stated on cardora.co/moviemakers/your_revenue)
- get their own bio page and each movie will have its own page where the moviemaker can put production stills and promotional information
- a free 90 day subscription to www.cardora.co which you can use to promote your film
- The Prize-winner for each category will be announced shortly after the deadline day and notification will be featured on www.cardora.co.